kpavey wrote:Just updating this 'blog' with another quite usable set of settings:
Gain - Low
PPM - 10,000 (even though actual PPM is about half this!)
Take Up/Engine Timer - 6 Cylinder Low
Other settings unchanged (note using VSS pin/300R mod for speed source)
Only by increasing the PPM can you up the gain from Ultra Low to Low as increasing PPM reduces overall gain, hence the Gain can be upped.
The tradeoff is that the minimum engagement speed has risen from around 60km/h to 70km/h. Speed control on the flats is excellent, she overshoots a little up hills again (2-5km/h) and initially undershoots but the extra gain comes on to correct pretty quickly without resulting in any bucking bronco antics. Very good control within reason going down hills (I'm talking pretty substantial ones here - if anyone knows Reynolds Rd near Templestowe in Melbourne they will know what I mean). Initial take up is silky smooth after pressing SET. Overall about an 8/10. I guess I would sooner it went over speed up hills as usually that's less likely to be where the police are waiting!
Pressing SET to decrement speed in 1mph steps is handled more smoothly - before it would undershoot around 10km/h, then have a slow recovery which was a little annoying. Mind you I don't use that function that often.
As I'm about to go on a long trip, I will probably leave it as is.
By the way, I called my insurer today and told them about the fitment of the Electronic Cruise Control kit (and removal of the mechanical Throttlemeister) and they didn't bat an eyelid. I had written a 'white paper' in anticipation and was prepared to get an engineering certificate, but it seems I won't need it. I did run it past my Homologation Engineering friend and he seemed satisfied with it suggesting I should change jobs...
Driving both the Rostra cruise speed input with the VSS and the PC-V for mapping by gear has not resulted in any loading issues or speed sense drop out which is also good news. Cheers.
[EDIT/UPDATE - after trialling the above setting at 10,000ppm I am reverting to the 8,000PPM setting and ultra low gain again. The 10000 PPM setting fluctuated at speed a little too much, and my riding friends were able to detect it. So refer to the guide I published as it has the best results I've found so far in it. Worked flawlessy otherwise over 2000kms in some absolute torrential rain without any issues. Cheers]
kpavey wrote:Hi Robert
He he he....um no....it is a fiddly job but at least you are starting with a known solution and hopefully that cuts out most of the frustration and 'how will I make this work' stuff. It would be a good weekend or two's work I expect, with a bit of cut/shut soldering and some minor metal fabrication for the 2 brackets required. Now that you're in the winter there, it sounds like a good holiday project to me. Happy to support Q&A as you go. Cheers.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests