I have a 2005 k1200r that I bought second hand about 2008 with 29,000kms onboard.
I now have 75,000kms on the odometer. in that time I have had only one major issue that was with leaking seals in the rear wheel. I'll need to check the invoices and make sure I tell you exactly what was done. Did cost me in excess of $2,000 and was off the road for about 6 weks waiting for parts!
Other than replacing tyres, I have resprayed the silver parts white and the improvement visyually is brilliant. Attracts a lot of positive comments.
I have noticed that the black plastic is not liking the Aussie sun, despite being tucked away in the garage when home and in an undergorund park during the day? I paln to have them sprayed black soon.
- battery replaced about 2 years ago;
- came with a Staintune pipe, sounds good with the optional end bit. If I leave that out babies sit up in prams to see what's coming
- couple of light blubs;
- powder coating near the left footpeg is wearing away;
- have a small windsceen extender, works nicely;
- one of those mesh seat covers for the pillion, works a treat, wife loved it.
- pads of course.
Still love it, but I'm realsistic to know it would be hard to resell. Love the ride position, so comfortable. Probably pass it onto my son