I am planning my summer trip to the Alps.
The route goes basically like this: (the map attached displays it visually)
• I plan to ride from Copenhagen to Hamburg.
• From Hamburg I take the overnight train to Lorrach in south west Germany (this saves approx 800km of boring motorway riding).
• From Lorrach, drive north to the Black Forest (Baden Baden) where i will spend a night.
• From Baden Baden, head back south to Switzerland, and start the "Alps" part of the trip.
• Once in the Alps, i plan to just ride where the roads take me... no real route plan, but ultimately i will east towards the Dolomites in Italy.
• From the Dolomites, head up north to Munchen
• From Munchen, take the overnight train back to Hamburg
• Hamburg to Copenhagen.
I have given myself 10/11 days for this trip. I have not pre-booked any hotels but i will by the train tickets any day now.
I would like a little advice from those who are familiar with the area.
Am i too ambitious trying to see too much (Black forest, Swiss Alps and DOlomites) in the time allocated?
Any tips or advice regarding accomodation? Any "MUST SEE" passes that i should not miss?